Our client has various Building and Construction projects and the Procurement & Contracts Manager will provide sound contracting practices and ensure compliance with policies and procedures for those projects.
The Procurement & Contracts Manager will be responsible for the preparation, finalization, analysis, and administration of construction, architect-engineering and other agreements and contracts in area of assignment for the Construction Services Business Unit.
Key duties include:
- Development of the Master Schedule for the project(s) and also specific detailed schedules to include timetable and progress of construction.
- Recording and reporting actual progress of the work versus planned work.
- Preparing 4 week look ahead, ‘what if’ scenarios and Critical Path Analysis.
- Participating in tender review process; providing an evaluation of contractors’ time schedule submitted for tender.
- Advising and assisting the contractor in the development of the contractors’ schedules.
- Monitoring and reviewing contractor construction schedules, submittals, material delivery, procurement logs and daily follow-up in addition to the necessary productivity measurement studies and associated corrective measures.
- Reviewing and providing recommendations related to contractors’ extension of time claim.
- Planning, cost and schedule metrics and tools (work breakdown structure), collecting performance data (installed quantities, expended labour hours, and other progress measurements for direct hire and subcontract labour), and tracking data (daily cost compilation and monitoring), analyzing and reporting earned value, productivity and risk analysis.
- Identifying and tracking changes, actual and potential, to the project scope, ensuring estimates of cost changes and schedule impact are given visibility with the client and project management team.
- Advising regarding the contractor’s resources allocation.
- Preparing data related to the monthly reports and supplements.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- Any other duties that develop during this project or are needed to fulfill the main role and responsibility as described earlier in this document in a satisfactory manner”
- Bachelor’s Degree required (business, engineering, construction management or pre-law preferred)
- Minimum of five to seven years of procurement, construction, or project management experience, including at least one year of construction or construction procurement experience.
- Must be detail-oriented, well- organized, able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and able to move work along according to a timetable.
- Must be able to work well with different levels and disciplines of design and construction professionals, University supervisors/managers, and legal counsel.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of procurement laws and requirements, solid understanding of generally accepted purchasing principles and practices including preparing proposals for bid, bid evaluation, contract terms and problem resolution, working knowledge of construction procurement activities and demonstrated ability to ensure the integrity of the procurement process from beginning to end.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required, MS Access, Project Management or similar software a plus.
- Maintain familiarity with contracting trends in the industry
- Fluency in Dutch and English is a must
Are you available and interested in this permanent staff position, or are you ready to make a career switch, please don't hesitate to apply. For more information you can contact Sander Schuitman on +31708080147 or +31651496989.