This role is offered on a FIFO basis out of Townsville or Brisbane on a 4/3, 4/3, 8/6 roster.
This mine site is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, it boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometers west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Reporting to the Planning Superintendent, the role of Senior Mine Planning Engineer is to ensure timely delivery of high quality mine designs in alignment with the mine schedule.
- Maintaining personal conduct in line with company health, safety and environmental policies, and coaches’ others, including participation in Risk Assessments and Root Cause Analysis (RCA’s)
- Actively participate in creating a workplace which is free from harassment, discrimination and victimisation by taking a proactive role in the setting and maintaining of appropriate standards of behavior.
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring the Planning team.
- Monitoring design stock compliance weekly and monthly
- Completing block notes and long-term infrastructure designs
- Reviewing and optimising 5DP design projects
- Assisting in coordinating 5DP project combine process
- Project management as required (e.g. ore passes, ladderways)
- Contributing to Quarterly mining area reviews with Scheduling and Geotechnical Engineers
- A tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering is required for this role.
- A background in leadership roles within Underground Mine Planning to include exposure to coaching and development of team members.
- Experience with Surpac and 5DP will be highly regarded.
- Proven ability to develop and foster a strong working relationship with all key stakeholders
- Excellent communication and problem -solving skills.
- Ability to influence and interact with key stakeholders
- Advanced Microsoft application skills
- Offered on a 4/3, 4/3, 8/6 basis out of Brisbane or Townsville
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation Matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Competitive salaries