Our Business very much depends on our people; all our major achievements are team efforts. We are looking for dedicated team players who like to be part of a winning team, who meet challenges head on to serve our customers’ needs.
Our Production Asset Services division based in Aberdeen, have excellent potential opportunities for talented individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the engineering, construction, maintenance, modification and operations market.
We are currently looking for a Construction Manager to be based in Aberdeen.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE UK.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Leading, guiding and supporting the construction and commissioning personnel and teams both on and offshore.
- Short term goal to provide assessment of current team, inparticular with respect to understanding, communication and leadership skills and provide options for restructuring to drastically improve coordination, communication, engagement, alignment, attitude and business skills within the team.
- Medium term goal to embed team improvements and to review and initiate further improvements and efficiencies.
- Long term goal to become demonstrably best in class and contine to drive improvement and efficiency within the team.
- Setting out health & safety standards as per company procedures within the offshore team.
- Assigning workscopes within the onshore construction and commissioning team.
- Managng the team to ensure timely delivery of relevant project deliverables
- Enhancing processes, procedures and driving efficiencies from scope initiation through to close outand ensure that HS & E expectations are met onshore and offshore.
- Attend weekly clients progress meetings and provide input to weekly and monthly project reports
- Frequent offshore visits to liaise with offshore team, to ensure full alignment with onshore, carryout audits to ensure compliance with procedures and workpacks and to carry out team briefings in conjunction with safety and HR depts.
- Be familiar with and actively promote the company HSE Operating System, HSE&Q Policies, principles, HSE Mindset and Just Care.
- Set good personal examples on HS&E issues within your areas of operation and influence, and report all accidents, incidents and near misses to your immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrate HS&E Leadership in line with company expectations. Be clear when setting out expectations to the workforce and hold
individuals accountable for their HSE performance in line with our rules of fair play and stress the obligation to intervene and interact with one another at all levels
- Educated to Degree level in an engineering discipline or construction management however HND/HNC will be considered alongside exceptional experience
- Demonstrable experience of driving improvements and efficiencies in teams
- Previous experience of managing construction on a Major Project or within major organisation.
- Previous experience of contributing towards Construction and Company Strategy.
- In depth understanding of the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Legislation applicable to construction (DCR, LOLER etc.)Knowledge of and commitment to planning and cost control.
- Ability to work on own initiative; self motivated, willingness to learn and adapt.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively within the organisation and with external clients / customers.
- Proactive, flexible and decisive, ability to be innovative and challenging in line with Company Values.