- Proven track record holding similar position within other Projects with particular emphasis on J-lay and Reel-lay experience.
- High awareness of safe working practices on offshore construction projects.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English). Ability to work with different disciplines and cultures;
- Computer literate.
- 5 years+ experience in pipelay and rigid tie-in spool installation activities (office based and offshore). Experience in Reel-lay and J-lay operations recommended;
- Previous experience working in or with Client team on EPCI contracts and working with relevant internationally recognized Design Codes / Standards;
- Capable to review detailed installation engineering and Offshore Installation Manuals (OIM) in compliance with specification and code requirements;
- Willing to travel as required for business;
- Provide support to the Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines (URF) team for the installation of the rigid flowlines and tie-in spools.
- Assist the Perth-based Senior Flowline and Tie-in Installation Engineer in expediting all reviews and approvals of the EPCI Contractor installation engineering and work procedures;
- Attend and chair (as required) regular meetings with the EPCI Contractor to ensure the installation preparatory works progress as per schedule and that all critical issues are being dealt with and resolved in a timely manner. Report progress and critical issues to Installation Manager and/or Deputy Installation Manager as/when required;
- Provide technical support to the Leiden-based team on all aspects of the installation scope which may impact on the qualification activities performed in Europe and South-East Asia;
- Ensure that all offshore transportation, installation and testing activities undertaken by the EPCI Contractor are conducted in accordance with Company specifications and Approved work procedures / manuals.
- Assist in the resolution of the technical interfaces with other packages (SPS, GEP).
- Ensure that contractual HSE requirements are met or exceeded.