IT Global Operations Lead Essentials:- Strong Vender/Partner Management Skills, Proven skills in meeting SLA’s, Strong Service Management in Infrastructure. Experience within automation would be highly desirable, Agile Team, DevOps background would be a stronger fit for the client. Portfolio & Team Operation. 5+ years exp. working in a Global Infrastructure role / Service Management role. 2+ years exp. working with modern application services & methodologies, including Agile, DevOps & Developer exp. acting as either a scrum master or product owner. 2+ years exp. with Project management. IT Global Operations Lead to run Organisational Change Management programs within highly technical organisations. Influence & communication skills across all levels of IT & third-parties. Strong negotiation skills. Strong facilitation skills. Coach &/or mentor in developing people.
IT Global Operational Lead Responsibilities:
- Identifying, selecting & managing key global vendors for our global operational needs
- Service Management of all infrastructure operations providers
- Defining & managing Site Operations
- Managing the workloads of a small, internal team
- Vendor/Partner relationship management
- Services: Helpdesk, Site Services (inc. print), Mobility, Hosting, Data centres, Local Networking
- Working with the appropriate capability owners, help identify & select vendors/partners for identified work packages. Accountable for RFx processes as necessary depending on the size & complexity of the engagement
- Selecting appropriate vendors/partners that align to our described processes & strategic goals, e.g. Automation, DevOps, Agile etc.
- Highly structured & consistent Service Management across all infrastructure partners, providing clarity of reporting to enable decision making
- Drive continuous improvement across our vendor/partner portfolio, enabling transparency of activity that aligns to our described strategic goals
- Deliver Commodity services through vendors/partners: Working with our EIS leadership team & key stakeholders, Set up an operational model with a small, internal staffing footprint, only staffing internally where responsibilities are not ‘commodity’ activities or where business knowledge is critical.
- Working with the Team Operations role, the EIS leadership team & key IT & business stakeholders, define Site Operations processes & approach for seamless & effective delivery of defined services, a.k.a. IT Support
- Manage the workloads of the Site Operations teams, ensuring key priorities are met & Site operations are delivered to a world-class level
- Maintain excellent vendor/partner relationships to enable transparent, open & honest exchanges that ultimately improve global services across all infrastructure areas
IT Global Operational Lead will be required to do occasional travel.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK