Chief Workplace Architect Essentials:- 10+ years of experience in technology project leadership, managing & advancing complex, global environments. 10+ years of experience designing & delivering enterprise technology solutions. 10+ years of experience across workplace, including Client, Productivity & Unified Communications. 3+ years of experience working with public cloud architecture (Microsoft O365, etc.). 3+ years of experience working with modern architecture methodologies (Service Orientated Architecture, API-Centric Design, Twelve-Factor App, FAIR, etc.). 3+ years of experience working with Design Thinking techniques. Experience defining & executing large-scale, transformative strategic plans. Demonstrated influence & communication skills across all levels of IT & third-parties. Demonstrated strength in facilitation skills. Strong organizational & communications skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas in a manner that resulted in a definitive direction & result. Bachelor’s Degree. Experience in Design Thinking & Microsoft O365.
The Chief Workplace Architect will be accountable for all Client, Mobility, Productivity & Unified Communications services globally, requiring expertise in endpoint deployment, management & protection, as well as software packaging, deployment & support.
The role requires technical breadth & depth, a proven track record of enterprise delivery & the ability to articulate complex technical topics that result in a definitive direction. The role will work closely with the CTO & enterprise architecture community, helping to develop & embed a clear investment pipeline that supports a dynamically-evolving, highly-competitive market.
This role does not include people administration; however, will provide domain-specific technical leadership & decision making for DevOps teams.
Chief Workplace Architect Responsibilities:
- Define, embed & maintain the global workplace strategy, including a clear execution plan.
- Partner with the CTO & Enterprise Architecture, supporting the creation of architecture materials, such as a reference architecture, principles, positioning, patterns & statements.
- Identify opportunities to optimize & modernize the workplace architecture, driving cost efficiencies.
- Identify & position new workplace technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Provide workplace architecture technical leadership & decision making for DevOps team.
- Serve on various forums to analyse projects & programs to ensure they are technological sound, will do no harm, & will deliver the expected outcomes.
- Establish strong partnerships across the architecture community & Information Security, helping to identify opportunities & mitigate risks.
- Where required, deep dive key initiatives to help overcome major incidents, complex problems &/or realise opportunities.
- Help to embed security, privacy, data protection & quality assurance across IT.
- Actively build & stay abreast of emerging technology directions related to workplace architecture, guide IT on how to interpret & best leverage the emerging technologies.
- Engage in the community (internally & externally) across multiple channels, looking to share, educate & inspire.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK