A new role has arrisen for a Principal Scientist to join the Analytical Chemistry team of an international Pharmaceutical company based in Hertforshire. The company are currently undergoing a period of major growth and expansion and are seeking an experienced Analytical Chemiistry to provide technical leadership within the department
- Leadership of Scientists developing, troubleshooting and validating HPLC and other analytical methods
- Leading analytical project teams working to tight deadlines
- Planning their and other peoples work and prioritising as necessary with the minimum level of supervision
- Implement new analytical techniques to support projects
- Ability to solve multiple complex scientific problems
- Able to work effectively in a GMP laboratory
- Present and communicate clearly and effectively with clients
- BSc or PhD in Analytical Chemistry or related scientific discipline with several years’ experience in an Analytical Chemistry laboratory.
- An expert in troubleshooting and developing HPLC methods or other separation techniques
- A good knoweldge of high resolution characterisation techniques including NMR and ToF MS.
- In-depth, hands-on expertise and up-to-date knowledge of other analytical methodologies.
- Clear understanding of the drug development process.
- Ability to lead projects and mentor or supervise junior members of the department.
- Strong scientific track record.