Portfolio & Team Operations Manager Essentials:- Bachelor’s Degree. Pharma background would be a big bonus. Organise, prioritise & structure work packages for the infrastructure team as a backlog of work for the execution teams. Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated strength in facilitation skills
The Portfolio & Team Operations role is responsible for Project, Task & resource management across the team as well as team reporting & governance. This role will prioritise & assign key programs of work into the execution teams through the Managers & Technical Leads. This role will also be tasked with enabling ‘light’ but effective processes across the team to be agile, flexible, secure & deliver with high quality. Reporting on programs, projects, progress & team governance will also form part of the role responsibilities.
Portfolio & Team Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Prioritise key projects, programs & workloads across the team
- Resource management to staff execution teams (in conjunction with Managers & Technical Leads)
- Deliver internal team processes for demand management & project delivery
- Organise, prioritise & structure work packages for the infrastructure team as a backlog of work for the execution teams
- Effectively assign, communicate & track work packages across the team, working with the Managers & Technical Leads
- Report to the Director & Lead Team on team portfolio progress, health & budget (in conjunction with the financials role) to enable clear decision making
- Working with the Managers & Technical Leads, assign resources across the execution teams to effectively deliver against the team’s key priorities & work packages
- Create & maintain effective, yet ‘light touch’ processes across the team to manage Demand, Roadmaps, status reporting & program & project management
- Educate the team on processes & ensure transparency of priorities & work packages as well as progress & status
- Working with the Director & lead team, create the governance processes to enable quick, flexible & transparent decision making. Reduced meetings & increase in communication & transparency should be a key goal here.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology / Technical environment & able to demonstrate technical breadth at a high level
- 3+ years in Portfolio management roles
- 2+ years experience working with modern application services & methodologies, including Agile, DevOps & Developer Experience acting as either a scrum master or product owner
- 2+ years experience with Project management
- Demonstrated influence & communication skills across all levels of IT & third-parties.
- Strong organizational & communications skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas in a manner that resulted in a definitive direction & result
- Strong personal & work organisational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Experience as a coach &/or mentor in developing people
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
Portfolio & Team Operations Manager – Contract – Basingstoke