Software engineers will be required to manage the development, implementation, test, and maintenance of software development work.
Key accountabilities will include;
- Ensure allocated work scopes are produced within budget and timescale; monitor and report current status
- Work offsite/offshore/overseas as the role requires
- Identify processes and patterns of work areas and recommend procedures to improve standardisation and consistency of approach
- Monitor trends and new products in the marketplace, which could benefit the company, and recommend to Manager/Lead Engineer
- Identify and implement technical solutions to suit project and company needs.
Suitable candidates should possess the following qualifications and personal attributes;
- Degree or HNC/HND with relevant industry experience required
- Understanding of development & programming of various PLC platforms (Rockwell, Siemens, GE Fanuc ect) and SCADA & HMI platforms (ICONICS, Wonderware, VTS, Factory Talk ect)
- Understanding of software development for redundant solutions
- Understanding of TCP/IP and serial comms
- Knowledge of networking and communication protocols, OPC DA UA, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP etc
- Understanding/experience of software version control, experience of test methodologies and experience of software development processes
- Understanding/experience of SAP and IEC 61508 Functional safety
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.