This position is considered full time (contract). The position will be based in Houston or EPC overseas Contractor offices. Upon commencement of in-country operations, the position will be based in-country.
The Jetty Project Engineer is responsible for the assurance of the technical design of the LNG Marine Terminal for the LNG Facility, ensuring that the framework governing Engineering Assurance and functional Safety is implemented and verified. A strong Project Engineering background with particular emphasis on Marine Infrastructure Projects is required to ensure that key concepts are included in the overall design.
He or she will oversee the contractor’s design of the Marine Jetty and will lead the assurance effort form both a technical and Safety in Design perspective.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) or more years’ design and operational experience in the Marine construction/project/operations industry with emphasis on the Design and Operation of Marine Facilities. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required.
- PE or CEng status or equivalent is required.
- Must have recent experience working on the design of a Marine Terminal facility.
- Experience in the liaising and working both within the design and operational facility environment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
- Proven track record holding similar position within other operational Petrochemical facilities.
- Must have demonstrated experience working within a value assurance framework and detailed knowledge of the application of technical safety in an operation.
- Familiarity with Oil and Gas industry best in class specifications and practices.
- Experience in working in a project team of engineers.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to interact well with many people.
- Able to function (based upon prior experience) in both the design and operational environment and be able to adapt to different work conditions.
- Good communication skills and be able to explain complex designs and concepts in non-technical language.
- Pro-active and problem solving attitude, analytic, flexible, team player.
- Ensure Contractor is meeting Project HSSSE requirements.
- Ensure all corporate standards are adhered to and implemented.
- Ensure Contractor is progressing in line with Company expectation and established execution plan.
- Act as Company representative for the execution of specified Work Packages.
- Management of change oversight and ensure the MOC process is adhered to.
- Ensure that the appropriate levels of quality control are exercised.
- Participate in design and constructability reviews.
- Participate in Risk Assessments and pre-mobilization reviews.
- Facilitate communications between project and Contractor.
- Provide input to progress meetings and reports.
- Oversight and coordination of Contractor Planning and execution activities.
A bachelor's degree in engineering or related field is required.