He or she will oversee the contractor’s design of the OSBL facilities including common utilities, storage and lading and will lead the assurance effort form a technical and design safety perspective.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) or more years’ design and operational experience in the LNG industry with emphasis on the Design and Operation of LNG Facilities. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required.
- A minimum of 5 years prior experience working as an Engineer (ideally Project/ Process /Mechanical) in an operating LNG and/or gas processing facility. A min of 2 years must be from an operating LNG facility.
- Must have experience working in the commissioning of an LNG facility.
- Experience in the liaising and working both within the design and operational facility environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to use simulation/modelling preferred.
- Proven track record holding similar position within other operational LNG facilities.
- Strong experience in LNG operational procedure review.
- Must have demonstrated experience working within a value assurance frame work and detailed knowledge of the application of Process safety in an operation.
- Familiarity with Oil and Gas industry best in class specifications and practices.
- Experience in working in a project team of engineers.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to interact well with many people.
- Able to function (based upon prior experience) in both the design and operational environment and be able to adapt to different work conditions.
- Good communication skills and be able to explain complex designs and concepts in non-technical language.
- Pro-active and problem solving attitude, analytic, flexible, team player.
- Ensure all corporate standards and Project HSSE requirements are adhered to and implemented.
- Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all OSBL design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
- Ensure execution of all OSBL design aspects of the assigned project(s) in accordance with project standards and guidelines, procedures, Quality Program, project plans and contractual obligations.
- Participate in project risk, process, constructability, commissioning, start-up, HAZID / HAZOP and other safety reviews as required.
- Ensure Contractor is progressing in line with Company expectation and established execution plan.
- Oversight and coordination of Contractor Planning and execution activities.
- Lead and direct all functions necessary to safely and efficiently execute the OSBL scope.
- Lead OSBL planning and schedule efforts during EPC phase of projects.
- Work with commissioning and construction to identify and plan system turnover requirements to support timely facility start-up.
- Establish and execute the process plan, including the exchange of information and ensuring effective communication and the addressing and tracking of needs, requirements, and issues.
- Act as Company representative for the execution of specified Work Packages.
- Management of change offshore and ensure the MOC process is adhered to.
- Ensure that the appropriate levels of quality control are exercised.
- Facilitate communications between project and Contractor.
- Provide input to progress meetings and reports.
A bachelor's degree in engineering or related field is required.