He or she will oversee the contractor’s design of the MOF and will lead the assurance effort form both a technical and Safety in Design perspective.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of eight (8) or more years’ design and operational experience in the Marine construction/project/operations industry with emphasis on the Design and Operation of Marine Facilities. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required.
- Must have recent experience working on the design of a Marine offloading facility.
- Experience in the liaising and working both within the design and operational facility environment.
- Proven track record holding similar position within other operational Petrochemical facilities.
- Must have demonstrated experience working within a value assurance framework and detailed knowledge of the application of technical safety in an operation.
- Familiarity with Oil and Gas industry best in class specifications and practices.
- Experience in working in a project team of engineers.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to interact well with many people.
- Able to function (based upon prior experience) in both the design and operational environment and be able to adapt to different work conditions.
- Good communication skills and be able to explain complex designs and concepts in non-technical language.
- Pro-active and problem solving attitude, analytic, flexible, team player.
- Ensure Contractor is meeting Project HSSE requirements.
- Ensure all corporate standards are adhered to and implemented.
- Ensure Contractor is progressing in line with Company expectation and established execution plan.
- Act as Company representative for the execution of specified Work Packages.
- Management of change oversight and ensure the MOC process is adhered to.
- Ensure that the appropriate levels of quality control are exercised.
- Participate in design and constructability reviews.
- Participate in Risk Assessments and pre-mobilization reviews.
- Facilitate communications between project and Contractor.
- Provide input to progress meetings and reports.
- Oversight and coordination of Contractor Planning and execution activities.
A bachelor's degree in engineering or related field is required.
Professional Engineer (PE) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) status or equivalent is required.
Fluent oral and written knowledge of English.