The SCM Specialist will actively support the local SCM strategy and plans and contribute towards ongoing improvements to support the global SCM aims and to contribute to a highly efficient, cost driven Supply Chain function.
To purchase and facilitate supply and delivery of the equipment, materials, documentation and services required by the Country & Project Manager according to the Company's purchasing policy and requirements as described in Purchasing Procedures.
- Manage the process from identification of potential suppliers, request for quotations, negotiation, recommendation and final award of purchase order of equipment, parts, consumables, services, stock and provisions.
- Participate and conduct tasks as required to pre-qualify suppliers to the Company’s approved supplier list with particular emphasis on the requirements for the purchasing activities
- Correctly prepare and issue all the awards through SAP system
- Ensure the Purchasing activities and deliverables are undertaken in accordance with agreed Requisitions and issue status of Purchasing activities
- Develop a full understanding of the expediting & transit process in order to measure the suppliers efficiency
- Complete supplier feedback and assessments for purchasing commitments.
- Develop and maintain a notion of supplier-customer relationship towards the other Departments while ensuring the implementation of HSE Objectives
- Lead the negotiation and management of Frame Agreements with main subcontractors
- Ensure the supplier maintains progress by review of progress reports and schedules to meet the on-time delivery of purchased materials and equipment.
- Liaise with engineering and quality to ensure the goods meet our specifications prior to release to ship
- Proactively contribute to the project, department and company’s definition of Contract and SCM strategies and goals and to the achievement of these.
- Create reports from Purchasing System for internal analysis and conduct spend analysis for operational expenses with deflation reports.
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering or Business) or qualified by experience
- Solid knowledge of Contractual principles and Commercial principles
- Good Working experience with SCM Processes, Negotiation Processes and Strategies, Expediting process, Logistics process
- Solid operational knowledge of SAP
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas industry in a relevant position