Senior Process Safety Engineer
Location: Kraków, Poland
- Systematic analysis of the respective chemical process with regard to the substance characteristics and hazards (e.g. fire, explosion, substance release, overpressure, vacuum, chemical reactions), deriving of adequate protective concepts and design of the corresponding components;
- Planning, organizing, supporting and managing qualitative and quantitative systematic safety studies in projects of all technology types such as HAZOP, HAZID, What-If, SIL, LOPA; preparing studies according to company procedures (GRA, ARA) or external codes and standards or according to contractual definitions agreed with the customers;
- Conducting dispersion modelling calculations and assessing the loss potential in the fields of explosion and toxicity;
- Supporting planning the fire protection concept;
- Coordinating, with approval authorities and official experts, as well as participating in the preparation of approval documents for the construction and operation of industrial plants;
- Preparing technical risk management plans for the design phase and safety reports;
- Conducting Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs);
- Advising the project teams in all matters relating to plant and process safety;
- Participating in the harmonization and coordination of our activities and cooperation in internal committees and working groups as well as in the preparation and optimization of existing tools and standards for plant and process safety.
- Senior Process Safety Engineer reports functionally to the Head of Industrial Risk Management and Process Safety.
- This role is located in Kraków, Poland and will require worldwide business trips.
Competencies and Profile:
- University degree in Chemical Engineering, Safety Engineering, Environmental Engineering or a comparable technical or scientific discipline and professional experience in the field of plant and process safety with a focus on technical risk analysis;
- Professional experience in plant engineering (construction, engineering) and in the application of relevant codes and standards;
- Excellent communication skills, poise and assertiveness;
- Autonomous working style and analytical mindset;
- Strong organizational skills and good teamwork capabilities;
- Very good command of English (both spoken and written);
- Willingness to travel;
- Willingness to further develop your professional skills.
- Interesting, challenging position in an international company,
- Work in a multicultural team,
- Training and opportunities to develop,
- Possibility of changing position, department, gaining new knowledge and experience,
- Attractive compensation and benefits package,
- Possibility to purchase company shares on preferential terms,
- Private healthcare and MultiSport card.