The Subsea Oil and Gas industry is currently going through a digital transformation process and using our data to understand the performance of our products and systems is becoming key to improving our customers’ experience and enabling future business models. Within Aker Solutions we are developing tools and techniques to analyse performance data and provide insight on remaining useful life and recommended preventative actions to maintain system performance.
As a Subsea Controls Specialist you will provide domain expertise to data scientists and software engineers enabling the development and ongoing delivery of condition monitoring applications for subsea production systems, working within a rapidly growing team with a high strategic focus within the business.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Provide system guidance to a growing team developing analytics for the condition monitoring of subsea production equipment
- Describe and document the performance of subsea production systems based on the available data
- Identify, develop and document performance and condition indicators
- Correlate maintenance events with preceding data to identify leading indicators; Interface with maintenance teams to understand the root cause of failures
- Interface with third party suppliers and institutes offering data analysis services and expertise
- Train automated condition monitoring systems to provide reliable outputs with minimal false alarms
- Become the primary interface between the Aker Solutions condition monitoring system and the client operations team
- Document system performance for continual improvement; Strive to continuously improve processes and practices
- Ensure on time delivery that meets the expectations of stakeholders; Ensure features deployed have technical integrity and stability.
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Deep understanding of all aspects of a subsea production systems including electrical, software, communication, mechanical and hydraulics
- Minimum of 5 years working as a system engineer delivering subsea production control systems
- Thorough understanding of subsea trees, manifolds, instrumentation and associated infrastructure
- Inquisitive and self-motivated to fully understand issues and develop solutions
- Experience working in an agile software development project
- Work effectively with distributed teams and stakeholders
- Passion for technology and continuous personal development
- Able to communicate with colleagues and partners at all levels
- A general understanding of machine learning methods, capabilities and limitations, and Basic scripting using Python are considered desirable.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.