Job DescriptionAker Solutions is the world leader in providing subsea production control systems and employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 30 countries. We have an exciting opportunity to join the Global Product Management team at our offices in Winnersh near Reading as a Data Science Engineer.
The Subsea Oil and Gas industry is currently going through a digital transformation process and using our data to understand the performance of our products and systems is becoming key to improving our customers’ experience and enabling future business models. Within Aker Solutions we are developing tools and techniques to analyse performance data and provide insight on remaining useful life and recommended preventative actions to maintain system performance.
As a Data Science Engineer you will apply data science and machine learning approaches to automate the use of data; generating insights and improving the availability of subsea production equipment, working within a rapidly growing team with a high strategic focus within the business.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Application of Machine Learning techniques to both time series and unstructured data, providing insights that enable more effective condition monitoring and ultimately improve the availability of subsea production equipment
- Develop scalable solutions applicable across multiple generations of equipment
- Work closely with a multi-functional team, leveraging domain expertise from across the business
- Interface with third party suppliers and institute offering data analysis services and expertise
- Deliver documentation and presentation material for both internal and external stakeholders
- Strive to continuously improve processes and practices
- Ensure on time delivery that meets the expectations of stakeholders
- Ensure features deployed have technical integrity and stability.
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modelling skills
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python; Good understanding of the data analytics landscape, tools and technology
- Experience working in an agile software development project
- Work effectively with distributed teams and stakeholders
- Passion for technology and continuous personal development
- Able to communicate with colleagues and partners at all levels, and ask the right questions to get the best out of everyone
- Experience with tools available in Google Cloud computing and Oilfield / subsea production experience is desirable.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.