An opportunity has arisen for an accomplished Instrumentation Technician, to join a heavyweight of the Chemicals industry, a leading manufacturer of a variety of chemical products, who supply into a number of industry sectors across the globe.
Based at their chemical plant in Cheshire, the successful candidate will take responsibility for all aspects of maintenance engineering with instrumentation equipment, acting as first line local technical expert in maintenance best practices for instrument systems, to ensure continued safe operation and productivity on site.
As an apprentice trained technician within a relevant EC&I discipline, you will be able to point to a background in repair and fault finding in similar chemical/process manufacturing environments- diagnosing problems with electrical equipment,. As needed, there will also be an opportunity to gain exposure to some areas of electrical maintenance, for which training and development will be offered with the client.
With an opportunity for continued development with one of the largest chemical companies on the planet, this may well suit an enthusiastic and driven maintenance technician, who may have only recently completed their apprenticeship, looking for a long-term career path.
If this sound like it may be for you, please do get in touch.
- Installation, inspection, maintenance and repair of instrumentation equipment
- Support improvement projects
- Planned maintenance is carried out effectively and downtime reduced
- Have served a recognised apprenticeship in industry
- Instrumentation focused maintenance experience in chemical or similar process manufacturing environment
- Understanding of Safety Instrumented Systems
- Be willing and capable of further training to develop into the role in both the instrument and electrical arenas.
- Higher qualifications in engineering
- Previous COMAH site Experience
- 17th edition
- Excellent Pension
- Extra benefits
Manufacturing, Electrical, 17th edition, COMAH, Chemicals, Wiring, safety systems, 3-phase motors, lighting, motors, gears, process, maintenance, ATEX, DSEAR , COMAH
Location – Cheshire