Job DescriptionOur client is a world leader in providing subsea production control systems. Their UK Technology Centre, based in Reading, is responsible for project execution and delivery of Subsea controls systems, including the design/ development of the full control system software package. We require a Scrum Master/ Agile Coach (Contract) to support our software development teams working on these projects.
Responsibilities and tasks will include;
- Responsible for managing the scrum and the coordination of the scrum team in Agile methodology
- Coaching, guiding and mentoring the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to maximise customer delivery
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation
- Removing impediments/ waste or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to support and action
- Facilitating meetings, discussions, decision making processes, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, in identifying and validating opportunities and managing the product backlog
- Helping the team report to management, monitor KPIs and applicable metrics, and highlight any issues or anomalies
- Communicating with stakeholders at all levels, encourage engagement across technical teams
- Collaborating with technical teams to refine agile processes
- Enabling continuous improvement within the teams
- Willing to provide face to face support to the Aberdeen team in addition to their Reading base
- Providing support to the team and lead by example.
Qualifications / personal attributes required:
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for software development, diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
- Strong coaching and leadership skills and experience of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency. In particular a good coach in Agile practices
- Knowledge of other Agile methodology and frameworks/ approaches such as XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand his team needs
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- A qualification as Professional Scrum Master 1, 2, PSM, Certified Scrum Master (CSM ®) would be ideal but not essential.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support innovative projects.