Our client, a global mining operator is seeking a strong leader to implement and execute people processes and build strong functioning teams in line with company culture. The HR Lead will provide strong leadership and direction with the primary responsibility of overseeing and developing a high performing HR Business Partners team. This will enable the HR Lead to drive consistent understanding and ensure effective execution of people processes.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide strategic direction and advice to ensure full support of operational leadership
- In support of people-related critical decisions provide counsel on data, policies and frameworks
- Identify, build and assist line leaders in developing employee talent and capability
- Ensure local governance inclusive of working with senior leaders and HR BPS to resolve escalated queries and governing quality of HR advice
- Work collaboratively with Organisation Culture and Capability to represent business interests in process and policy design
- Drive improvement opportunities to simplify and standardise employee lifecycle activities
This newly released position will be based in Darwin on a rotating 4/3 roster, FIFO from Cairns or Darwin.
- HR degree qualified and demonstrated HR leadership experience within the Mining industry
- Demonstrated experience in HR change management and employee engagement
- Site based experience would be preferred
- Strong supervisory skills with the ability to lead a high performing team
- Strong team player with effective and influential interpersonal skills
- Experience with HR SAP