Individuals would be required to be local to the Edmonton,AB as no LOA or relocation will be provided. This position is site based with schedule is 5/2, 40 hours per week.
Lead a design team in the development of basic process design specifications or provide oversight of an engineering contractor's technical deliverables during the front end design / detailed engineering phases of projects.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and lead junior engineers in the development of process design specifications, including the development of heat & material balances, design flow plans, process equipment design, preliminary hydraulic balances, utility balances, basic process control & instrumentation, materials selection, safety facilities
- Lead and/or perform process optimization studies to identify / evaluate capital / operating cost savings, process configuration alternatives, safety facilities requirements, etc.
- Provide technical oversight for engineering contractor's work during front end engineering & design / detailed engineering to ensure consistency with Company methods & guidelines, project specifications & owner's requirements
- Participate in Hazard & Operability Reviews for new / modified facilities / in support of existing plant facilities
- Provide commissioning & start-up assistance for new / modified facilities, as required
- Establish organization and staffing process
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/MS degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent, required
- 20+ years of demonstrated experience in petroleum refining / chemical process industry / with an engineering contractor serving these industries
- 10+ years of demonstrated capital project development experience
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Excellent written and communication skills.