Job DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: Gas Controller
TYPE: Regular, Full- Time
LOCATION: Midland, Texas
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a Privately Fast Growing Midstream Company, is looking to hire a Gas Controller for a permanent position based in West Texas (Midland, TX).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Arranges for delivery of natural gas to our customers on a daily basis.
- Communicate with producers on a daily basis to make sure nominations into transmission pipelines for the next day are accurate
- Enter all pertinent nomination data
- Managed planned daily flows into multiple transmission pipelines
- Works with gas marketing personnel to ensure that imbalances are minimized by communicating in a timely manner when problems arise.
- Manage imbalances
- Work on protocols for outside contractors for various situations in which gas is not flowing at the nominated rate
- Work closely with plant operators to manage the flow of gas into transmission pipelines
- Provide instructions and lead in resolving any flow disruptions which outside contractors are not able to manage
- Ensures that all gas purchases have an applicable delivery point and that all gas sold has an applicable supply point.
- Reviews the efficiency of the nomination and accounting activities to ensure that those functions are run in the optimal manner.
- Develops and cultivates favorable relationships with gas purchasers, producers and suppliers.
- Minimum of 1- 5 years of gas control or scheduling experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Math or related field desired
- Experience with interstate and/ or intrastate pipeline systems desired
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Midstream Operator who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.