CAD Designer / Drafer
|Job Title:||CAD Designer / Drafer|
|Contact Name:||Malgorzata Stefan|
|Job Published:||January 08, 2019 16:33|
Individuals would be required to be local to Nanticoke, Ontario as no LOA or relocation will be provided.
Develop and maintain 2D CAD drawings (e.g. PFD’s, P&ID’s, One- Lines, General Layouts for all disciplines, Plans, Sections and Details, etc.) using software such as AutoCAD (required), Microstation and/or SmartSketch. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop computer generated drawings, isometrics, details, plans, schedules, and data sheets.
• Prepare dimensional drawings for layouts and non-dimensional drawings such as one lines, etc.
• Revises drawings based on instructions from engineers, etc.
• Communicate effectively and work with other members of the design team of each individual project assignment. Interface management across disciplines.
• Document control support, database administration, and progress reporting.
• Coordination and communication of various issues among the company and contractor's engineering team that affect the discipline engineering drawings.
• Keep Supervisor informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
• Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Years’ of closely related experience 3-5
• Associates degree in Drafting or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
• General knowledge of 2D CAD software AutoCAD/Microstation/SmartSketch
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's