Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a large oil and gas operator company, is currently seeking a CAD Designer / Drafter to be based in Nanticoke, Ontario.
Individuals would be required to be local to Nanticoke, Ontario as no LOA or relocation will be provided.
Develop and maintain 2D CAD drawings (e.g. PFD’s, P&ID’s, One- Lines, General Layouts for all disciplines, Plans, Sections and Details, etc.) using software such as AutoCAD (required), Microstation and/or SmartSketch. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop computer generated drawings, isometrics, details, plans, schedules, and data sheets.
• Prepare dimensional drawings for layouts and non-dimensional drawings such as one lines, etc.
• Revises drawings based on instructions from engineers, etc.
• Communicate effectively and work with other members of the design team of each individual project assignment. Interface management across disciplines.
• Document control support, database administration, and progress reporting.
• Coordination and communication of various issues among the company and contractor's engineering team that affect the discipline engineering drawings.
• Keep Supervisor informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
• Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Years’ of closely related experience 3-5
• Associates degree in Drafting or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
• General knowledge of 2D CAD software AutoCAD/Microstation/SmartSketch
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications