Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is currently seeking a CSU Lead (contract role) for a very large Petrochemical facility. The individual must be based in Calgary at first and then transition to site (Heartland Alberta area).
The Commissioning and Startup (CSU) Lead is responsible for developing the plans, schedules and procedures required to commission new, modified and/or repaired process equipment for the clients petrochemical facilities. This position will participate in design reviews, PHA studies and strategic operational decision making in order to assist with safe/efficient transfer of care, custody and control of the facility equipment from the construction phase through the commissioning phases and finally to successful commercial operations.
ROLES AND RESPONISBILITIES:
- Reviews engineering documents to ensure that all commissioning & startup requirements are accounted for in the design;
- Prepares and keeps up-to-date the pre-commissioning and commissioning execution plans (including the schedule and the mobilization of personnel and equipment);
- Manages the execution of pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up;
- Develops the schedule and associated costs for all commissioning and start activities with the project management team and project controls group;
- Develops and oversees preparation of the procedures required to prepare the facilities for commissioning of all processing and utility equipment;
- Responsible for ensuring commissioning and startup procedures are written and communicated to the Operations team;
- Supervises the preparation of the performance test procedures and of the operating manuals with the process team;
- Develops all of the systems and sub-systems boundaries for all turnover packages;
- Sets all major milestone dates for handover schedule;
- Ensures commissioning is conducted following the established procedures. Coordinates between Operations and Project teams for the handover of the equipment as per applicable client standards/specifications requirements;
- Engages commissioning vendors as required, develops vendor scopes/cost estimates/schedules and provide requisitions to project manager for approval;
- Responsible to ensure communications to operations personnel is effective for transfer of knowledge and training continuity;
- Prepares the commissioning progress reports to the project management and to the commissioning department;
- Supervises, if required, the performance tests; and
- Assists in the preparation and management of the close-out process, providing reports to implement continuous improvement opportunities from lessons learned.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in industry related engineering, operations or tradesman roles with at least 5 years in a supervisory or management role;
- Minimum 5 years industry related commissioning or inspection experience;
- Strong Leadership competencies demonstrating successful conflict resolution and relationship development with project and operations teams;
- Petrochemical industry and facility work experience
- Good understanding of oil and gas processing from wells to facilities and into the sales pipeline;
- Strong skills in MS Office - Excel and Word;
- Good understanding of drawing management protocols and software (Bluebeam, etc.);
- Strong communication skills to convey ideas and requirements to project teams;
- Strong scheduling skills to keep projects on time and on scope;
- Good knowledge of project cost control to ensure projects do not exceed preset budgets;
- Excellent safety record and a proactive safety focus.