NES Global Talent is currently looking for an experienced Project manager with our client based in the area of Breda. Our client is working on a new project for a Chinese Customer.
A new fire training facility will be developed and build and our client will deliver the fire simulators, safety systems and other peripherals that need to be installed and commissioned. The Project Manager will ensure that the project will be delivered within the schedule, budget and scope and to the quality required from the Customer.
The Project Manager will work from the office in the Netherlands (Area of Breda) and reports directly to the VP Operations but visits to the site in China for a short or prolonged duration are part of the job.
The duration of the project expectation will approximately be 1,5 year and will be extended. Self-employed contractors and PAYE candidates are invited to apply. The setup can be directly hired with our client, via NES or as self-employed contractor.
What you’ll do
- Manage the relationship with the Customer and all stakeholders;
- Coordinate internal resources such as but not limited to engineering, work preparation, shop floor;
- Coordinate external resources and third parties such as but not limited to (sub)contractors, vendors;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation;
- Set up the Project Schedule;
- Set up the Project Budget and be responsible;
- Perform risk and opportunity management to minimize risks;
- Coordinate procurement, sourcing and price negotiation;
- General day-to-day trouble shooting.
What you’ll need
The optimal candidate should have the following experiences and/or skills:
- Preferably (technical) bachelor’s degree (eg construction, mechanical engineering, mechatronics);
- Proven experience in managing construction projects, especially those including engineering and installation of technical equipment;
- Familiar with international business practices, technical/ construction standards and forms of contract (eg FIDIC);
- Experience working in an Asian (Chinese) environment;
- Experience with industrial process installations (Construction/HVAC/Electrical/Software, etc);
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment;
- Ability to work on location (at or near the site) during the length of the project;
- Fluently in English and Dutch, preferably a third language.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- You have a business acumen;
- You focus on details and you work accurate;
- Demonstrate strong skills in problem solving, decision making and multi-tasking;
- Maintains composure in dealing with difficult situations; demonstrates positive customer service attitude;
- Time and self-management skills, including being self-directed, effective realization of current priorities;
- Strong sense of teamwork and you’re a good listener and you keep everyone informed at the right moment;
- Personal learning and development is important to you.