With the New Year comes new, exciting opportunities. My client, a young Biotechnology company based in Cambridge is currently seeking the expertise of a Molecular Biologist to aid in their ground breaking target validation and drug discovery operations.
Molecular Biologist Key Responsibilities:
- Plan, execute and analyse molecular biology experiments using mammalian in vitro models eg Western Blots, Fluorescence measurement, Cloning and PCR.
- Interpret data to configure screening assays, validating hits from high-throughput protein screens to uncover and target disease biomarkers.
- Collaborate with and communicate to other scientists across disciplines, both internal as well as external (academic collaborators, industry partners and clients).
- Keep track of and meet project deadlines and clear documentation of experimental work.
- BSc with 3 years’ experience minimum in a commercial laboratory setting or PhD.
- Team oriented, effective communicator, bright and highly motivated.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to think laterally.
- Able to work independently, in an organised fashion and according to standard operating principles and health and safety guidelines.
- Hands-on experience in common molecular biology and cell culture techniques, with a solid understanding of underlying theory.
- Experience in lentiviral work, reporter assays, drug discovery and target discovery are a plus.
For more details on rates and applying, please call Max on 01619427163.