We are currently working with a global Chemical Manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a Chartered Process Engineer to join an existing onsite engineering team. Working on a variety of upgrades / modifications to existing process plants, previous experience in a plant start up / modification environment is essential.
The position is a long term contract and the client is looking for candidates to start as soon as possible.
Scope of duties include:
- Ensure all work satisfies the requirements of company and national regulatory standards.
- Responsible for the development and design data for capital projects.
- Plan and control / carry out development and design work and process and equipment trials in order to meet business targets.
- Participate in the commissioning of new or modified plants, taking part in technical start-up teams, to ensure that design intent is met and production is established safely and effectively.
- Manage activities in compliance with site, company and regulatory requirements, e.g. SI’s, HSE policy and standards, COMAH (Health and Safety Executive), PPC (SEPA) etc
- A thorough and practical knowledge of Process Technology Skills.
- Communication – ability to judge when and who to communicate key information.
- Problem solving: ability to analyse complex and diverse problem situations creatively leading to the generation and implementation of original solutions.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to break down problems, analyse data and produce solutions
- Innovation: Generating original and imaginative ideas and solutions to problems
- Interpersonal Skills: Accommodating the interests and concerns of others in effective working
- Rational Persuasion: Building persuasive arguments based on data and logical thinking
- Results Orientation: Focusing attention on the achievement of desired results
- Critical Information Seeking: Gathering information critical to effective problem solving
- Working knowledge of relevant COMAH legislation
Chartered Status (Essential)
BSc or MSc in Chemical Engineering