An experienced designer with exposure to and knowledge of rotary steerable systems, downhole mud motors or power source products would be ideal.
- Completes procedures and generates drawings and/or designs that are semi-routine in nature.
- Analyzes data and insures that the product, process and/or designs conforms to the specifications or performance guidelines and learns and uses Company engineering drafting standards.
- Conducts fairly complex troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing drawing or design defects.
- Retrieves and archives information using Company engineering records system (i.e. drawings, specifications, standards).
- Structure and produces Bills of Materials (BOM) and creates Engineering Change Notices (ECN), manages files and facilitates the release of the product to manufacturing.
- Helps test designs, records and file test results and makes drawing changes as indicated by test results.
- Interfaces with vendors to obtain project supplies in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Records and files test results and makes drawing changes as indicated by test results.
- Prepares reports on test results, instructions for installation of kits, and drafts of operating instructions.
- Observes safety regulations and wears all required safety equipment. (Continuous requirement)
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Recognised time served apprenticeship in mechanical engineering and/or experience in a similar designer role.
- Working knowledge of ProE and AutoCAD or similar 2D & 3D packages.
- Proven experience of engineering / manufacturing processes.
- In depth knowledge of ISO drafting standards, experience in ASME is appreciated.
- Ability to perform basic calculations related to design assessment (tolerance stack etc)
Thorough Knowledge of
- Recording and filing test reports, creating BOM’s, ECN’s, Requests for Engineering Action (REA), maintenance of the existing product line and mechanical drafting standards
- Entering and extracting data from the Company databases
- Company policies and procedures, health, safety, and environment policies.
Good Knowledge of
- Mechanical CAD principles, quality control practices (use of tolerance, inspection), engineering product file structure, setting up of a project (BDR), writing test and inspection reports.
- Department and plant orientation
Basic Knowledge of
- Basic design calculations (burst, collapse & tensile etc.), types and uses of threads and pressure seals, material selection and properties, hydraulic principles, and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to read, understands, and generates technical instructions, material lists, mechanical drawings, and/or hydraulic diagrams.
- Above-average ability to work with speed and accuracy, use mechanical reasoning, and work well with others; above-average oral communication and organizational skills.
- Average ability to think and reason, solve problems, and read with speed and comprehension, work in spreadsheet/database programs and specialized Company programs; average written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret basic instructions for the assembly of materials, technical specifications, testing equipment, part numbers, and write capping and crushing targets.
- Ability to apply basic arithmetic operations and compute rates, ratios, and percentages.