As the Head of Audit working for a multi billion USD group of businesses in Qatar you will lead and direct the development and implementation of the internal audit program that supports a high quality control environment and corporate governance to safeguard the organization’s assets and contribute to the overall operating efficiency of the organization by assuring the accuracy of financials, systems and procedures, and adherence to effective operating procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Internal Audit department providing guidance, encouraging teamwork, and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards.
- Create, update and monitor the Internal Audit manual and ensure thorough understanding of all the stakeholders.
- Promoting the highest possible professional standards and service levels, having regard to Internal Audit methodologies, policies and procedures, the IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework and any other standards relevant to the maintenance of the professional standing.
- Review and approve the annual, mid and long term risk-based audit plans to ensure that the plan is aligned with the companies strategy and consolidate those plans to optimize audit coverage.
- Plan, design, create and implement the systems required to direct the Internal Audit division including risk-based planning system, time system, follow-up system, lessons learned, quality assurance, and performance system. Monitor those systems on an on-going basis and maintain / update them as needed to ensure the efficiency of those systems.
- Direct Internal Auditor in the conduct of audit field work in order to ensure the audit programs are conducted in line with Audit plans.
- Coordinate as needed with audit activities of external auditor to ensure optimum audit activity with no significant gaps or duplication.
- Liaise with senior management and staff, government bodies and external auditor to obtain useful information to update the audit programs and associated risks.
- Review and approve audit reports from the Internal Audit department prior to issue of the reports to the executive management and government authorities.
- Research and Awareness Actively promote understanding and acceptance of Internal Audit including definition, benefits, process, roles and responsibilities.
- Identify process risks and recommend risk mitigation mechanism to the senior management in order to enhance the organization’s effectiveness and mitigate the vulnerability to identified risks.
- Ensure effective risk management and controls are established, functioning and maintained to achieve objectives and manage risks in each department.
- Consult with management on process controls in order to ensure appropriate controls are in place to avoid or mitigate risks.
- Lead the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and controls in order to ensure that activities are conducted in line with relevant procedural/regulatory requirements, and ensure optimum business operations.
- Ensure compliance with regulation and company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all departmental reports are completed in a comprehensive, accurate and timely manner, and comply with international principles and standards.
- Present regular and ad-hoc management reports related to the internal audit department, provide recommendations to the senior management on new opportunities, highlight critical issues and challenges, and provide strategic insight to ensure effective decision-making.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or applicable.
- CPA preferable.
- 15 + years of experience in Audit.
- Experience within the construction industry is desirable.