This position coordinates complex purchases of materials and equipment to meet business requirements. It requires an understanding of SCM and/or may also have specialized knowledge of one area, as well as knowledge of interrelated effects of the work upon other areas of the business.
- Analyzes material requests, investigates supply sources, prepares request for proposal/quotation packages, conducts bid openings, evaluates proposals to determine best total value, prepares award recommendations and issues purchase orders.
- Prepares all aspects of procurement processes including negotiated terms and conditions.
- Negotiates with suppliers: establishing price, delivery, payment terms, value-add and change orders.
- Researches sources of supply; determines sole source validity and methods of procurement action.
- Facilitates manufacturing pre production meetings for key engineered goods.
- Provides administrative oversight during contract performance.
- Supports Quality and other internal teams for non-conformance issues.
- Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedures and audit guidelines.
- Related university degree.
- 0-3 years of related experience.
- Enrollment in a SCM related professional certification, such as PMAC or ISM, is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in working in an ERP system
- Aptitude and communications skills related to developing and maintaining effective working relationships.