Location – Houston, TX
Employee Type - Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client is a major player in the EPC field, specifically within Midstream and Upstream industry. The client has a permanent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to be based in Houston, TX.
A Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the design and conformance of mechanical equipment and materials within a company project. The Mechanical Engineer will work with all types of mechanical equipment (pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, vessels, tanks, etc.), piping (codes, components, design/layout), systems (process gas, process liquids, air, fuel gas, flare, drains, chemical injection, etc.) and coordination with other disciplines. A Mechanical Engineer is expected to handle routine job functions with little technical assistance.
- Conceptual and detailed specification or design of mechanical equipment including, but not limited to, pumps, compressors, and expanders.
- Develops and maintains spreadsheet tools for detailed design of equipment and systems required for contracted work.
- Utilizes software tools such as Caesar for finite element analysis to determine that forces on piping systems and equipment due to temperature change are within design tolerance.
- Is familiar with appropriate company and industry codes and ensure conformance of specified systems and equipment.
- Works with other engineering and design staff in the development of Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID's) for each project.
- Performs system studies to ensure cohesion of mechanical equipment within systems for the design purpose.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 10 plus years of related experience or equivalent experience in an engineering-related position.
- 5+ years’ recent experience working within EPC (Engineering) Companies on small to mid-size capital projects
- 5+ years’ experience working directly on facilities – gathering or transmission, midstream projects
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, and other software tools as required for the job.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail as well as technical writing and documentation skills
- Familiarity with company and industry codes and standards applicable to the gas processing industry
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a major player in the EPC industry. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.