Production Operations Trainer Assessor
|Job Title:||Production Operations Trainer Assessor|
|Salary:||$640 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ben Hyland|
|Job Published:||January 18, 2019 03:07|
The purpose of the Production Operations Trainer Assessor is to assist in the development and competence assurance of Production Operations staff. This role will be active in the implementation and continual improvement of Learning Team support for the safe and reliable operations. The Production Operations Trainer Assessor will provide training, support and assessment. They will also co-ordinate the training and assessment schedule for Production Operations, Instrument Electrical and Mechanical Technicians, Apprentices and Trainees.
This role will be based in the Perth office with possibility of visits to the offshore facility. The role is a 6-month role with evaluation of further need towards end of the period.
No direct reports.
Key interfaces – Communication and collaboration with the Training Supervisor, Trainer Assessors, Production Team Leaders, Production Coordinator, Offshore Installation Manager, OTS Instructors, Production Technicians, Apprentices, Trainees, and Learning Team.
• Lead by example in the fields of HSSE, Diversity and Inclusion, and Social Performance.
• Be a leader in having a Process Safety focus in training and assessment activities.
• Lead the Competency Assurance and reassurance for Production Operations Technicians.
• Schedule, communicate and conduct any required training and assessment Production Operations Technicians, Apprentices and Trainees for their role.
• Develop and/or review standard Production Operations specific learning resources including desired performance criteria and assessment requirements.
• Lead the internal validation, coaching and assurance of the assessment process and line assessors to ensure high integrity of competence assurance.
• Identify training needs and learning opportunities using previous experience /gap analysis tools and implement an individual training plan to address learning gap.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the learning pathway aligns with the Production Operations Technician competence requirements.
• Continuous improvement of Training and Assessment Material ensuring capturing of any local or global lessons learned.
• Ensure compliance with all Competence Assurance requirements and group standards.
• Ensure compliance with any regulations and standards including those set by AQF / NQC qualifications and competence assurance.
With Production Operations technicians being employed from diverse industries both in oil and gas and non-oil and gas, a commitment to develop and deliver appropriate learning resources and assessment packages is the key responsibility to ensure a highly skilled and motivated production team is in place for initial start-up and ongoing operation / maintenance of the facility. The Production Operations Trainer Assessor will take an integral part in leading and building the learning culture and operational capability within the organisation.
• Significant experience in Oil and Gas or a similar Process with preference in LNG / Upstream or Utilities in an operational role, including;
o Operation Integrity / Ensure Safe Production
o Process Safety
o LNG operational units and systems
o Utility system to support LNG operations
o Steam Turbines
o Storage and Loading
o Subsea Production Wells o PTW (Permit to Work)
• BOSIET / FOET Qualification (OPITO)
• MSIC (Maritime Security Card)
• Remote / Offshore Fitness For Work Medical
• TAE Workplace Assessor Skillset (essential)
• TAE Certificate IV - Training and Assessment certification (preferred)
• Preference for five  years as a Trainer and Assessor in a process or technical field.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn relevant operations and maintenance procedures including HSSE and permit to work.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Technical capability with the ability to diagnose, understand and communicate on a range of technical issues across FLNG.
• Workplace Assessor – ability to use approved workplace assessments to objectively gather evidence and decide a candidate’s competence.
• Training – Ability to design and deliver face to face and on the job training to support a candidate’s competence development in an operational environment.
• Knowledge and experience of Production Operations with preference in GAS/LNG production and processing, LNG/LPG Storage and Loading, FPSO operations, Subsea Wells and systems, Steam and Power generation, DCS instrumentation and related systems.
• Assessors are required to hold the knowledge and skill proficiencies for competencies which they are assessing candidates on.
• Proficient communicator and able to engage with key stakeholders to identify and resolve challenges in a collaborative and effective manner.
• Demonstrated ability to align team members towards business goals and deliver measurable improvements and outcomes.
• Ability and invested effort to coach and mentor less experienced team members, including holding honest performance conversations with colleagues and intervene to address patterns of underperformance as well as providing environment for open dialogue to resolve issues.
• Ambassador to all stakeholders on the value of diversity and inclusion and is able to manage the sensitivities of a diverse workforce.
• High degree of self-motivation and ability to achieve beyond stated objectives.
• Ability to identify gaps in process and provide practical solutions that can deliver sustained improvement.
• Understand key stakeholders and customers' needs and proactively manages these needs.
• Develops, implements and advocates HSSE measures, demonstrating a willingness to pursue initiatives and actions to benefit the safety culture.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Operations Surveyor
The Hague, Netherlands
Operations Manager - Fishing Tools
Operations Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Technician
The Hague, Netherlands
€50000 per annum
Product Specialist - Subsea Controls
United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Competitive rate, ongoing contract