The Senior Category Specialist will effectively support and manage stakeholder interactions to ensure effective delivery of all procurement, contract management services and reporting requirements applicable to the heavy mobile equipment category.
With developing and implementing sourcing strategies for the procurement of heavy mobile equipment, this role will suit an individual who is passionate, honest, enthusiastic and can step up to the challenge.
This role is based in Perth, CBD and may have some occasional site travel.
The Company: Our client, an Australian Iron Ore company drive their culture and performance through with their values, having a strong focus on safety, family and determination. With a strong grasp in the market, our client operates in two main areas located within the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement cost saving and inventory reduction initiatives for heavy mobile equipment (HME)
- Support the management of the company’s key strategic supplier relationships
- Lead the negotiation of complex procurement contracts and variations
- Support, communicate and contribute to Procurement group initiatives with internal customer groups.
- Support light vehicle sourcing projects and contract management duties from time to time
- Substantial experience in procurement and contract management roles within mining or similar heavy industries.
- Experience in heavy mobile equipment (HME)sourcing and contract management duties (capital acquisitions projects, equipment rental agreements, master service agreements for parts and services)
- Strong skills in developing, managing and analysing tenders
- Strong self-management and performance capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop category specialists and officers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work packages and interface with internal stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience using the FieldGlass application is highly regarded
- Bachelor Degrees in Business, Commerce, Law or similar. Post graduate qualification in Supply Chain/Procurement will be highly desirable.