Aker Solutions has recently secured new long-term contracts on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, and the project portfolio in Stavanger is rapidly expanding. We are now recruiting several new employees to strengthen our teams and prepare for future growth.
Aker Solutions Mechanical department based in Stavanger consists of over 30 highly qualified engineers. The engineers are involved in a wide variety of projects ranging from smaller Front End Studies to Major Modification Projects involving all kind of equipment. As a mechanical engineer you are mostly dedicated to focus on one specialty area such as rotating-, utility-, static or lifting equipment.
We are now looking for new Senior Mechanical Engineers for both permanent and long term temporary positions.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Technical responsible for procurement and follow-up of equipment and vendors (PRE)
- Shorter or longer trips to vendors (subcontractors)
- Responsible for Technical Requisition and Functional Specification to ensure delivery according to requirements and standards within all disciplines
- Participate in early stage/concept studies and in Aker Solutions project portfolio
- Multi-discipline cooperation in projects
Qualifications and Personal Qualities
- Higher Technical Education
- Good cooperative skills, flexibility, initiative and responsibility
- Good communication skills written/oral in both Norwegian and English
- Good understanding of relevant disciplines deliveries and a good team builder
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Oil & Gas industry as mechanical engineer in the study environment or as PRE
- Good understanding and knowledge of NORSOK R-001 and related regulations and standards. (API and EN standards)