Job DescriptionFacilities Project Manager
£40,000 - £60.000 + 14% Bonus
Plus shares and standard benefits
The Facilities Project Manager is responsible for managing the operations projects with the Senior Facilities Manager. The position involves managing M&E, Laboratory and building related projects including coordinating with senior management, end users, Lab Services and contractors. This role holder is expected to demonstrate excellent administration, communication, interpersonal and customer services skills with all levels of the operation and have excellent working technical knowledge of Labs, M&E, CDM, EH&S, project management and associated duties.
- Proactively develops project plans, interacting with all relevant departments as required
- Oversees the management of hard and building services projects ensuring all activities are well coordinated with other functional groups
- Oversees health & safety compliance within the scope of projects. Ensures safety checks, SOPs and risk assessments are adhered to and documentation records are on file
- Coordinates projects and services with optimal efficiency, on time and within budget
- Assist with capital budgets and monitors spending against forecast
- Assist with managing assets, plant condition and long term replacement planning program
- Assist with evaluating and optimizing processes, services and new products for maximum quality, cost effectiveness, selecting and negotiating with key vendors, monitoring through KPIs
- Ensure statutory inspections are carried out, liaising with insurance inspector for pressure and lifting equipment and ensuring any remedial works identified are rectified
- Energy and utilities management involving electricity, gas and water services
- Assist the Senior Facilities Manager with M&E projects for Paddington IHQ and International offices
- Perform other duties as required by business needs and occasional cover for team members
- Occasionally required to travel, be on-call or attend/supervise out of hours works.
Safety & Security
- Participate as part of operations emergency team; including assisting the evacuation process
- Participate as part of operations BCP team; Responds to emergencies as part of incident, fire or business continuity event. Resiliency and mitigation
- Keep informed of relevant EH&S codes and regulations to ensure site is statutory compliant
- H&S compliance for areas of responsibility ensuring all documentation electronically and/or written is up to date and correctly filed.
- Assist with administrative duties such as formulating project scopes, raising purchase requisitions, invoice verification, filing, scanning and archiving
- Using in-house systems such as ServiceNow (Helpdesk), PPM, ERT (Capital Request), V-Learn (Training), vShipping (Courier), Concur (Expenses) iProcurement (Requisitions & Invoicing) and Travel
- Ensure O&M information is kept up to date following any changes, collaborating with US engineering team as required
- Assist with managing environmental sustainability, contributing to the Environmental Management Program
- Strong communication skills at all levels including project teams, key stakeholders and senior management.
- Collaborative nature with proven ability for excellent customer service, and achieving buy-in from other functional groups.
- Technically proficient and skilled in efficient planning and completion of projects.
- Excellent awareness of health, safety and environmental legislation relevant to the role.
- Reliability and strong independent judgment to make decisions respond quickly in emergencies and adapt to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Good technical knowledge of products and services in laboratory environments and ability to launch new initiatives.
- Familiarity with laboratory environment equipment.
- Has excellent technical knowledge and skills in one or more Facilities maintenance trades.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant background in pharmaceutical or biotech facilities services
- Good managerial experience
- BIFM, or relevant qualification at diploma level
- NEBOSH General Certificate or ISOH equivalent
- Proven track record in project management of M&E, Building & Lab Services with a practical hands on approach and knowledge of CMMS/CAFM/BMS systems.