A leading manufacturer and developer of speciality chemicals are currently seeking to secure a strategic and business critical hire, for the role of Process Engineering Manager.
Based at their chemical manufacturing site in the North-West they have significant plans for long term growth and capital spend, with a number of new product lines being added to the operation, this is a demanding but exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking business, with a focus on safety and efficiency improvements.
Taking responsibility for managing the Technical Process Engineering function for the site, with CAPEX budget of circa £6m, with project values of up to £3m, the role holder will possess strong technical knowledge both in the design and operation, of similar fine chemical manufacturing sites, and ideally be able to demonstrate prior experience of leading a small team of chemical engineers, to deliver site capital investment projects.
The successful candidate will form a key part of the sites leadership team, and will be joining an established site with passion for creativity and continued innovation, who promote an excellent work environment.
- Manage the site capital budget, utility budget and technical resources in a manner that support site goals and objectives.
- Provide technical support and process safety guidance to plant operations including the oversight of our change management system. Identify continuous improvement opportunities and implement sustainable solutions.
- Maintain and execute the 5 year capital budget.
- Be responsible for the energy budget by managing energy contracts and leading energy conservation efforts in order to meet or exceed budgetary and regulatory expectations.
- Process engineering support for new product development with particular relevance to process safety assessments, plant design and Hazops and equipment selection and specification.
- Accomplished chartered engineer, educated to degree level or equivalent, within Chemical Engineering
- Extensive education & experience in Technical & Engineering Management within the Chemical Industry
- Experience of leading HAZOP and Risk Assessment techniques/Process Safety Management .
- Relevant experience on similar Top Tier COMAH sites
- Must be enthusiastic, adaptable, flexible and willing to work in and lead dedicated teams.
- Excellent Salary
- Management Bonus Scheme