Job DescriptionSenior Mass Spec Scientist – Northamptonshire – Permanent
ADME and Metabolism-ID is crucial to further understanding the mechanism of action of a drug and if it will be safe for human consumption. My client, a R&D provider for the pharmaceutical industry, is looking for the expertise of an experienced Senior Mass Spec Scientist to complete complex studies within their Bioanalysis department at one of their sites in Northamptonshire.
Senior Mass Spec Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct analytical and metabolite identification work for both in-vitro, in-vivo, clinical and e-fate studies, under direction of the Study Director or Analytical Project Manager.
- To provide specialist LC-MS/MS support in the conduct of a metabolite identification phase of metabolism studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
- Method development to LC-MS/MS, including the maintenance and writing o0f SOPs, acting as an expert consultant within the department.
- Supervise and train more junior members of staff, providing troubleshooting assistance where required.
- Carry out internal R&D projects to support the development of new company techniques.
- Comply with GLP/GCP as required.]
- PhD in a Life Science subject with previous experience conducting studies in a GLP regulated environment.
- Prior experience operating LC-MS techniques, preferably with accurate mass.
- Knowledge of metabolic reactions essential.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to adhere to handle multiple projects to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, able to hold structured conversations with large pharmaceutical clients.
- Advanced innovation and problem solving skills.