Job DescriptionJob Title: Civil Structural Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: The Woodlands, TX (Houston, TX area)
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Midstream Engineering & Construction Company, is seeking a Civil Structural Engineer for a permanent position to be based in The Woodlands, TX.
The Civil/Structural Engineer independently evaluates, selects and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to concurrent engineering projects. This position may manage one or more engineers and/or designers and will be responsible for interacting with Project Managers and other discipline engineers on projects. Capable of functioning as the Civil/Structural Engineer for execution of all site grading, storm water, civil & structural engineering discipline work for small, mid-sized and large scale upstream and midstream oil & gas projects. The Civil/Structural Engineer will work as part of a project team in the execution of capital projects for new construction as well as facility upgrades and improvements.
- Interacts with Project Managers and other engineers
- Works with other engineers, designers and drafters to ensure project completion
- Responsible for the technical content and quality of the work, and the functional integration of individual project tasks
- Selects and applies engineering principles and concepts in field of specialization with advanced working knowledge of other related disciplines
- Prepares or reviews discipline project specifications.
- Prepares or reviews requisitions for inquiry in support of purchasing Pre-Engineered Steel Buildings, Structural Steel for supports, Pre-fabricated pipe supports, and subcontracts.
- Approves technical bid evaluations for Pre-Engineered Steel Buildings, Structural Steel for supports,
- Pre-fabricated pipe supports, and subcontracts in cooperation with Procurement Department.
- Prepares and reviews/approves proposals for Geotechnical Investigation & Topographic Surveys.
- Develops or reviews site plans, grading & paving plans, building/equipment foundation plans & details as required by the discipline.
- Prepares and/or reviews civil and structural calculations for the design of various civil/structural elements pertaining to the project.
- Reviews plot plans and facilities for Civil/Structural requirements.
- Coordinates with and provides liaison with client personnel relative to Civil/Structural activities.
- Reviews and approves vendor documents.
- Prepares or reviews engineering and design status reports, logs, work plans and project variances.
- Reviews the discipline scope of work to be executed to ensure it matches project specification and/or the proposal documents as appropriate.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college/university
- 2-5 years of experience, early or mid level in career
- Experience supporting Oil & Gas Onshore Upstream or Midstream projects
- In depth knowledge of industry standards and codes published by ACI, IBC, AISC, ANSI, etc. and have the ability to apply the standards to civil & structural analysis & designs
- Knowledge of civil/structural engineering analysis & design computer programs like RISA 3D, Mat 3D, Foundation 3D, LPile etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- EIT required and PE preferred