The Senior Cost Controller will effectively develop and maintain Project Work Breakdown Structure for specific scopes.
As a Senior Cost Controller, you will manage the project work approval process, ensuring accurate cost code allocation and initial budget set-up and approvals.
With proven record of implementation of cost management practices, this role will suit an individual who has worked on major projects.
This role is based in Perth, CBD and may have some occasional site travel.
The Company: Our client, an Australian Iron Ore company operate in two main areas located within the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain project cost plans using appropriate software applications
- Liaise with project management, project planning and others as required to ensure accuracy in project cost phasing and forecasting.
- Facilitate the development of budget estimates
- Coordinate development and issue of project change orders/variations in accordance with engineering and construction change notifications
- Participate in cost and estimate risk analysis sessions
- At least 10 years’ experience in cost management
- Proficiency with industry standard software including Microsoft Excel and cost control programs
- Practical experience in the management of change
- High level organisations skills, resource management skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with extensive analytical and problem solving skills.