Materials Management Operative – Process Chemistry
My Client currently have a full-time position for a Materials Management Operative to facilitate the efficient running of the pilot plant operations. The materials management team are crucial in the provision of raw materials at every stage of a project and support the facility in maintaining the highest possible levels of safety and quality.
Forming part of the pilot plant’s operational teamthe role involves the receipt, inventory management and transfer of raw materials on 100+ kg scale to support day to day operations in a GMP environment. In addition to this, the role also includes key routine housekeeping and the cleaning of specialized processing equipment.
We would like to hear from candidates with a background in warehousing or manufacturing. If this experience has been gained in the pharmaceutical industry it would be seen as beneficial, but applications from candidates with experience working to stringent quality management systems in other industries will be considered. Additionally, knowledge and experience of chemical safety, COSHH and safe storage techniques as well as knowledge of business efficiency methodologies such as 5S and Kaizen are an advantage. Full training will be given to the chosen candidate.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Warehousing and inventory management for the pilot plant.
- Working with the key internal stakeholders to ensure project material and cleaning requirements are met.
- Operate in a GMP environment and completing documentation in a compliant manner.
- Routine Housekeeping, waste transfer and collection.
- Responsibility for equipment cleaning and basic maintenance.
- Meticulous recording and reporting of processes and procedures.
- Interacting directly across all groups; Quality, Analytical and Facilities.
- Maintain high standards of safety, housekeeping, hygiene and quality in the pilot plant environment.
- Support continuous improvement in working practices.
Experience, skills and attributes
- Experience in a warehousing or manufacturing setting, stock control, forklift license.
- Experience in the Chemical, biological or pharmaceutical industry, Chemical Engineering or other related life science discipline.
- Experience in working in a disciplined and methodical manner to written procedures.
- Awareness of cGMP, safety and other regulatory aspects, ideally in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment is desirable.
- An intermediate level of IT skills, including a good level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to aid in the continual improvement of their working environment.
- The ability to adjust to fast-changing priorities and workloads.
- A committed team player.