LOCATION: Denver, CO
TYPE: Direct Hire, Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a fast growing EPC company, has a permanent opportunity for a Project Director for a direct hire position to be based in Denver, Colorado.
Plan, organize, manage, and control the execution of assigned Engineering, Procurement, and Construction projects in the Midstream Oil & Gas industry to meet safety, quality, cost, and schedule objectives on projects ranging in Total Installed Cost size from $10 MM to $200 MM.
- Ability to manage the balance between cost, schedule, and quality with primary emphasis on safety for profitable, well-engineered and constructed, EPC projects
- Following review of project proposal and pertinent documents with project team and Chief Operating Officer, establish performance targets for all project disciplines, including plans for directing, monitoring, & evaluating project performance versus plan
- Developing and managing the project execution plan, project procedures, and control of work practices
- Managing Company’s scope of work, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and ensuring Company’s contractual obligations are met
- Initiate, establish, and maintain working relationships with owner, engineers, suppliers, and subcontractors to facilitate project activities
- Promote, enforce, and establish SAFETY as a priority as part of the management philosophy
- Manage project staff, including Engineering & Design team and Site Construction Manager
- Ensure that management is accurately and fully informed of project costs as compared to budgets through weekly and monthly budget reports
- Coordinate and provide direction for budget development, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost, and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project
- Organize, conduct, and represent Company at client project review meetings
- Prepare, issue, negotiate, and execute contract change orders and prepare revisions to original budget as a result of changes and revisions to work
- Ensure timely and accurate billings and accounts receivables
- Lead and participate in regularly schedule project staff meetings
- Manage Project Closeout process
- Actively participates on internal team(s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business
- Engineering or Construction Degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in demonstrated success in management of EPC O&G projects
- 8 + years’ Managing Engineering & Construction projects in the Midstream Oil & Gas industry
- 5+ years’ supporting midstream projects including cryogenic plants, compressor station, natural gas, pipeline, metering station, storage tanks, tank farms, etc.
- Possess working knowledge of all project Engineering & Design requirements, plans, specifications, Owner Contract, change orders, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, RFI’s, submittals and all other project related documents and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings
- Cost Estimating experience a plus
- Able to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Self-motivated with skills to motivate others
- Willingness and ability to grow within the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a fast growing EPC Company who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with short term and long term incentives as well as a comprehensive benefits package, medical coverage, 401K, PTO, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.