£40,000 - £45,000 Monday - Friday
Reporting to the Facilities Manager the Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance of facilities, equipment and plant to appropriate standards on site.
Responsibilities will include: the management of all site maintenance ensuring that financial, operational, quality, health & safety targets and standards according to the Code of Conduct are met, as required by the Company.
- Health and Safety
- Financial responsibilities
- Operations – Engineering
- Manage or perform planned mechanical, electrical and instrumentation maintenance, also to perform breakdown support on a variety of plant equipment (such as but not limited to purified water, HVAC, plant and clean steam, steam condensate recovery systems, compressed air, cooling water systems / chillers, diesel generator etc.) to design and cGMP standards within areas of expertise.
- Manage and / or perform daily checks and servicing on plant equipment (such as but not limited to boiler safety checks, salt replenishment).
- Perform safety checks and adjustments on pressure vessels and plant safety devices (such as but not limited to boiler low water level or pressure relief valves).
- Ensure that plant and utilities are operating to specified parameters, documenting critical parameters.
- Manage shutdown operations at the Keele facility in accordance with written Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage and / or perform minor repairs to building fabric, such as but not limited to replacing lights and door repairs.
- Manage external contractors ensuring that all work is thoroughly documented to cGMP standards and all works are covered appropriately by the permitting system to ensure the safety of contractors and personnel.
- To respond to out of hours plant alarms / breakdowns (on call-make safe)
- To contribute towards the execution of 5S system of facility management.
- To collaborate with other teams as appropriate to maintain and improve quality
All works to be carried out in accordance with Site Quality policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Commercial input
- Managing people
- Additional Responsibilities
- Contribute to initiatives to improve on the performance, efficiency and profitability of the Operations group.
- Provide subject guidance within area of expertise to multidisciplinary teams.
- Acquiring a detailed knowledge of all aspects of the plant and utilities on the Keele site.
- Perform other duties that from time to time management will assign.
Qualifications / Experience
- BTEC in mechanical or electrical engineering with relevant industrial experience.
- Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical systems (such as but not limited to water, steam, HVAC).
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of cGMP and impact of plant operations on maintaining cGMP compliance.
- Good hands-on skills in manipulation of process plant items.
- Able to work at height and in confined spaces such as roof voids.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Multi skilled Maintenance Engineer with a Pharmaceutical or Lab background to really make this role their own and develop this int much greater things.