LOCATION: New York, NY
TYPE: Direct Hire, Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, an Independent Energy Company, has a permanent opportunity for a Director of Shipping for a direct hire position to be based in New York City, NY.
The Head of Commercial Shipping will drive the commercial aspects of the shipping business for Company. From an internal perspective, this business includes chartering, buying and selling ships. Externally the person will interface with potential bunkering customers and lead negotiations with shipyards and other vendors involved in either the procurement of ships for COMPANY or developing a customer network of LNG users. This person will be responsible for a book of business covering over 1 billion dollars in assets.
- Operate COMPANY’s shipping business with a commercial vision
- Establish KPI’s for the shipping market, commercial opportunities, and marine operations
- Collaborate with Technology team to develop displays and real-time reporting in COMPANY labs
- Work in partnership with LNG team to optimize existing terminals and assets to maximize utilization and earnings
- Develop an LNG shipping logistics business as an ancillary service to existing terminals. Services will include bunkering, gas up/cool down, and potential for spot and odd lot cargoes.
- Term out ship charters and evaluate COMPANY new build vs. Vendor chartered vessels for small ships
- Bachelors in Business or Related Degree
- Demonstrated experience negotiating with shipyards and vendors for purchase of new, purpose-built vessels
- Must have chartered vessels on a long-term and spot basis
- Must have bought and sold ships in the secondary market and had responsibility for the resulting P&L
- Direct experience in the commodity shipping industry (oil, LPG, LNG, etc.)
- Direct experience in the marine bunkering markets
- 10 years of marine related experience
- Experience working with shipyards in Asia and the Middle East
- History of P&L responsibility and track record of buying, selling, chartering and building vessels
- Finance exposure preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a fast growing Independent Energy Company who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with short term and long term incentives as well as a comprehensive benefits package, medical coverage, 401K, PTO, and more.