Location – Houston, TX (Pasadena)
Employee Type- Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a Global Chemicals Company, has a permanent opportunity for a Planner Scheduler in Houston, TX (Pasadena area).
This position is responsible for corporate standards and approaches for Planning & Scheduling across multiple manufacturing sites and project locations both domestically and globally. Working for the Corporate Project Controls Manager, this position provides subject matter expertise in the project control disciplines of planning & scheduling including development of achievable baselines used to monitor progress, identification of trends, and planning for corrective or preventative actions to ultimately ensure the on-time delivery of the project’s objectives.
- Ensures that planning & scheduling approaches for sites and projects are aligned with execution and commercial strategies as defined in Project Process requirements.
- Establishes global (corporate) standards for project schedule levels and classes as defined by AACE – International and works with project teams to implement based on project phase and execution/commercial requirements.
- Defines and communicates requirements of:
- Requirements to proactively support, monitor, and communicates schedule status by sites
- Interactive Planning Sessions
- Requirements for weekly and monthly schedule reporting
- Basic principles of planning & scheduling, as defined by AACE International, to assist sites and project teams
- Resource-loading of schedules by sites and project teams.
- Requirements for final project close out activities in Primavera P6 and updating lessons learned database.
- Develops guidelines and procedures relevant to planning & scheduling and assists the Corporate Project Controls Manager in the communication and training across Business Units.
- Develops and implements standard planning & scheduling templates for usage by sites and project teams.
- Identifies and implements planning & scheduling integration with financial and accounting systems (e.g. SAP, etc.) and other project controls systems (e.g. Cost Management System, etc.)
- Acts as a super user of Primavera P6 environment and ensures properly deployment and usage across sites and projects.
- Participates in Peer Assists, Peer Reviews, Cost and Schedule Risk Assessments, and other associated oversight and assurance activities as part of the Project Process
- Provides assistance with planning & scheduling to Project Managers/Directors as and when required.
- Assists Corporate Project Controls Manager and Project Controls Director in the aggregation of schedule information for portfolio reporting and presentation to Leadership Team.
- Provides guidance, direction and specialized assistance to sites and project teams for the resolution of difficult and complex project control problems. Uses a combination of technical skills, leadership, teamwork, and management skills in such approach.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Industrial Engineering, Business Management or related technical field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in varying planning & scheduling capacities on large capital projects ($200M+).
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally for extensive periods on a frequent basis, Up to 25% of the time.
- Bilingual Spanish speaker a PLUS
- Expert knowledge of Primavera P6, including project costing modules, is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Deltek Acumen Fuse is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work with project teams to influence and achieve desired results.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a global Specialty Chemicals Company who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.