Job DescriptionFixed Equipment Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: Long-term contract assignment
NES Global Talent is looking Fixed Equipment Engineer who has 5+ years of experience on the Owner/Operator side.
The Mechanical Engineer will participate in a multi- discipline team that provides general Engineering, Construction oversight and Operations support to Project during design, construction, startup and commissioning, and plant operations after handover.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Meet and communicate with vendors
- Meet and communicate with EPC contractor
- Interdisciplinary communication within Owner project team.
- Review mechanical specifications, data sheets and other design documents & provide written comments to EPC Contractor within given time frame
- Good knowledge of static equipment’s & familiar with ASTM codes.
- Good knowledge of rotating equipment’s and good awareness of API codes.
- Good knowledge of inspection and test plans related to mechanical equipment and Factory testing.
- Knowledge of commissioning and start-up and requirements for cleanliness, site checks and first operation.
- Evaluates vendors' bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Communicates equipment design to the EPC vendor and other design disciplines.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of a project.
- Participates in reviews of PFD's and P&ID's.
- Participates in the preparation of equipment lists, piping line lists and specialty item lists.
- Monitors subcontracted technical services' activities.
- Supervises and directs the activities of other personnel in his team.
- Provides input to estimates, proposals, scheduling, manpower planning, etc.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working on the Owner side is required.
- Methanol experience is strongly preferred.
- Petrochemical experience is required.
- Field experience is preferred.