Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are looking for an experienced Wellhead Platform Construction Manager with an excellent technical understanding of all disciplines to provide support to our client in Romania
Please note you must be an EU national or have the ability to work in teh EU to be considered.
To manage all aspects of the Wellhead Platform (Jacket, Topside, Piles) during fabrication and construction.
- To handle follow-up of fabrication and testing of complete wellhead platform, including preparation of commissioning.
- To manage key dates of contracts to meet project milestones; to ensure respect of objectives in terms of quality and cost.
- To provide expertise assistance and leadership to construction supervisors and inspectors.
- To complete the work with due regard to safety of personnel and company assets while still meeting project key dates.
- Define, mobilise and manage an efficient, motivated construction supervision team covering all the wellhead and related facilities for all phases of construction, commissioning and ready for start-up.
- Manage the supervision all the activities of the EPCIC contractor on the worksites (related to wellhead platform) to ensure that all technical, contractual and cost data are correctly recorded, monitored and transmitted.
- Oversee the activities of all site company teams (supervisors, inspectors etc.) to ensure that all technical, contractual and cost information is properly recorded, collated and available for inspection/reference as required by law, regulations and company policies.
- Assess, in liaison with his team and supporting functions, the actual progress of the work, anticipating problems and recommending corrective measures and solutions to be validated with the Wellhead Platform Package Manager and to be implemented by the EPCIC contractor in accordance with the contract.
- Assess the acceptability of any deviation/relaxation requested on site by contractors and provide any clarification necessary and if required escalate the matter to Wellhead Platform Package Manager for resolution.
- Manage the interface with the Wellhead Platform Package Manager and other contractors on site (e.g. Independent Verification Body, Marine Warranty Surveyor).
- Check the preparation, issue and implementation by the EPCIC contractor of field engineering documents, including detailed procedures, method statements, drawings, calculation notes, construction equipment (and fitness), lists of personnel, planning, and back-up procedures if necessary.
- Manage construction interfaces with others, i.e. engineering, other work packages, maintenance, operations.
- Coordinate and organize daily/weekly/monthly meetings on site.
- Manage all site(s) contractual matters and issues (letters, minutes, etc.) regarding the EPCIC contract in liaison with the Wellhead Platform Package Manager.
- Hand over the work with the minimum number of construction quality non-conformances; to achieve handover of systems and packages with the full cooperation of company personnel (operations and maintenance); to meet the RFSU dates as per contract and project scheduling targets.
- Ensure that the EPC contractor compiles and regularly updates the construction manuals with all documents, procedures, plans and pertinent information related to site work.
- Closely liaise and support third parties involved, i.e. Independent Verification Body, Marine Warranty Surveyor
- To manage and oversee the work of company inspectors’ teams (welding, painting, NDT, QA/QC and HSE etc.)
- Graduate engineer / construction manager with at least 15 years’ experience with large onshore and offshore oil and gas projects.
- At least 10 years’ experience in oil and gas fabrication and construction activities with experience in coordination of construction activities.
- Proper level of understanding of all disciplines involved.
- Good knowledge of O&G industry standards and good & safe practices in relation to his work.
- Knowledge of Romanian applicable legislation related to the work will be a plus.
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing), good communication skills, and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Proficient with computer (Excel, Word, Power Point).
Terms and conditions:
- Freelancer/ contractor position.
- 16 months contract (some slight changes could appear depends on FID)
- Start-up date: Mid February
- Location: London (3 months ) – Romania (13 months)