Job DescriptionGeophysicist / Data Processor is required for a global Oil & Gas Organisation in Perth. This is a staff role offering a highly competitive salary and benefits.
The role of the Data Processor (Geophysicist) is to perform standard data processing to produce high quality products based on job specifications and in accordance with the organisations processing procedures and scheduled time-frames
- Assigned budgets for projects are achieved.
- Time schedule for projects are achieved.
- Internal Quality Control standards are achieved.
- Processing procedures are followed and documentation completed accordingly.
- Provide internal support to Geophysical Services, Marketing and R&D groups
- Provide internal support to Global Airborne Data Processing Network
- Conduct quality control checks on field data and ensure the data meets the survey specifications
- Monitor and make comments/recommendations regarding operational/processing procedures and data quality
- Maintain weekly backups of jobs, scripts and control files
- Maintain accurate processing record and weekly job progress reports
- Liaise with clients as required
- Provide client and internal technical support
- Assist with the generation of quotes, as required
- Report all HSE and quality incident issues
- Bachelor of Science (minimum) or equivalent work experience
- Experience manipulating Geophysical data or similar from other disciplines.
- Programming or scripting knowledge (C, Perl, Python, Matlab)
- Sound knowledge in general computing
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Good lateral thinker and robust problem solving skills
- Effective time management skill and proactive approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills including confidentiality and discretion
- Able to function as part of a team or independently
- Willingness to travel and work in the field for a roster when required.
- As a global service provider there is a requirement for communication with other parties outside of local standard business hours.
- Support of multiple systems in parallel, at different phases of a project (multi-tasking).
- Ability to identify priorities amongst assigned projects and to adapt quickly to change.