Job DescriptionElectrical Reliability Engineer
Our client, a global leading mining and metals organisation is in search of an experienced Electrical Reliability Engineer to be based at their port facility in Port Headland.
The primary role of the Reliability Engineer is to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. This role is covers three main areas: Loss Elimination, Risk Management and Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM).
Track equipment availability losses and abnormally high maintenance cost assets, then find ways to reduce those losses or high costs. These losses and high cost equipment are prioritized to focus efforts on the largest/most critical opportunities. The Reliability Engineer in full partnership with the maintenance and operations team develop plans to eliminate or reduce the losses identified.
Identify risk to the business plan caused by equipment failure to ensure appropriate controls are deployed to prevent these failures to achieve FMG’s strategic objectives for HSE, Production and Cost efficiency.
Some tools to be used by the Reliability Engineer to identify and reduce risk include:
- PHA - Preliminary hazards analysis
- FMEA - Failure modes and effects analysis
- MI - Maintainability information
- RCA – Root cause analysis
- Defect Elimination Task Force
- Online Condition Monitoring
- Maintenance Inspections
- Liaison with relevant departments to provide technical solutions
- Ensure correct application of Health & Safety standards
- Monitor quality assurance of critical processes
- Achieve targets set for defined sections of area budget
- Propose improvement ideas data, history and current issues
- Development and presentation of data analytics
- Tertiary Qualifications in Electrical or Reliability Engineering
- Condition Monitoring certification
- Mining experience in hard rock applications
- Strong conceptual thinking and analytical focus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and continual improvement focus
- Knowledge of relevant Mines legislations and regulations
- Knowledge of computer management systems
- Planning, organisational, scheduling and coordination skills
- FIFO from Perth on either an 8/6 or 4/3 roster
- Competitive market rates