NES Global Talent partners with leading companies in the Energy and Mining sectors to source the top talent available in the Australian market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our industry relationships; this ensures the best possible fit for long-term success. As such we are now seeking experienced Mining Area Manager – Surface.
Predominately based in Brisbane, this role offers the opportunity to be a part of an exciting project in its initial stages and to build a team. You will provide leadership and direction to complete the feasibility study, safely run the project site and ensure delivery according to the project plan. This role will require extensive travel to site during the execution and construction phase.
The purpose of this role is to manage the surface multi-disciplined project team to deliver the process plant and all associated on-site infrastructure to service both the mine and process plant requirements.
This role will initially be offered on an 18-month fixed term employee contract with a view to a permanent position upon successful Final Investment Decision of the project in 2019.
- Membership of the Project Leadership Team.
- Demonstrate leadership through personal behaviors that are consistent with the Company Core Values; Trust, Care, Togetherness and Excellence and Code of Conduct
- A strong commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development demonstrated through personal behaviors and leadership
- Planning and delivering the project area according to contractual requirements by managing the scope of work, quality, budget, schedule, resources, risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle and maintain operational lines of communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinating with all project Managers to ensure seamless integration across all areas of the project.
- Management of site construction and engineering team(s) in a remote location, including liaison with key statutory and leadership personnel to support project development and early works in preparation to handover to ongoing operations.
- Supporting the business’ strategic intent in delivery of the project objectives.
- Maintaining strict change management over the given area scope of work, communicating trends and change to Project Management as it is identified.
- Ensuring compliance with project reporting requirements
- Relevant degree qualification is preferred, or extensive demonstrated experience (Engineering or related)
- Extensive experience in the delivery of multi-discipline projects and studies within heavy industry ideally to include the successful delivery of Coal Handling & Process Plant (or other significant complex processing plants) projects within time, scope, and schedule
- Broad exposure to operating facilities and process plants or other major industrial undertakings.
- Experience in the development and delivery of discipline engineering and project deliverables
- Ability to influence / agree solutions with multiple or a large group of internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; able to communicate at all levels in the organisation;
- Demonstrated ability to select, develop, coach and mentor employees resulting in improved engagement, diversity and organisational capability.
Flexible work schemes, Superannuation Matching contributions, Education and career development, Competitive Salaries.