Job DescriptionELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION DESIGNER
Looking for a self-motivated E&I Designer to support the E&I Engineers and Lead Designer with development of design and drawings. Efficiently and accurately, develop wiring and installation drawings for electrical equipment and instrumentation. This job requires interaction within a EPC Services group to create design packages for construction.
Primary Job Functions:
• Assist engineers with initial design and drawing requirements
• Develop/Draft plans, details and sections to accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements
• Ability to self-check and back-check completed drawings
• Analyze vendor supplied drawings and incorporate the required information into project drawings
• Apply the NEC and perform calculations related to sizing electrical circuits and equipment
• Conceptualize and draw wiring diagrams, E&I layouts, and design details independently with minor instruction from project engineering
• Create and check Loop Diagrams from point to point for 100% accuracy
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• 3-5 years of experience in creating E & I drafting/design drawings preferably in Midstream Operations
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Knowledge of hazardous area electrical systems
• Proficient in current release of AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
• Thorough understanding and efficiency with standard design and drafting practices
• Experience working with large motors, VFDs, MCCs, raceway systems, industrial lighting, and grounding
• Experience with instrumentation, hazardous location wiring practices, panel design, and PLC hardware