Job DescriptionPosition Title: Turnaround Manager
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Position Type: Fixed Term Contractor, Expat
Location: West Africa
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a leading Operating company, has a permanent opportunity for a Turnaround Manager to for an Expat role on rotation to be based in West Africa.
The purpose of this document is to define the roles and responsibilities of the Turnaround Manager to ensure the successful overall execution of plant turnarounds. The Turnaround Manager is charged with empowering a team concept based upon plant participation to ensure successful turnaround completion with goals accomplished.
- Accountable for executing the turnaround in accordance with Company EH&S standards and for taking corrective actions in case of non-compliance
- Accountable for the overall preparation, planning and execution of Company plant turnarounds
- Accountable for management of turnaround Scope of Work in order to execute work necessary to assure safe, environmental compliant and reliable operation until the next scheduled shutdown
- Develops comprehensive milestones for all plant personnel required to meet the turnaround execution date and maintain the turnaround schedule.
- Conducts scheduled meetings and monitors milestone achievement progress to assure the planning and preparation process remains on schedule
- Provides turnaround cost estimates and spending reports to Plant Management
- Delivers turnaround execution within budget constraints of cost and schedule
- Provides turnaround progress reports to Plant Management to communicate progress on preparation for the turnaround and daily progress reports during turnaround execution
- Provides overall coordination and management of turnaround resources during the execution phase
- Utilizes turnaround best management practices to implement past turnaround learning’s and insure turnaround success
- Establishes synergistic team work environment within the turnaround organization and for effective preparation, planning and execution of the turnaround ensuring critical involvement of the broad cross section of the plant personnel and departments
- Responsible for insuring communication of turnaround objectives, goals and progress to all plant personnel
- BS degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years supervisory experience in refining or petrochemical industry with direct managerial assignment to at least one major turnaround.
- Knowledgeable of industry EH&S procedures and requirements
- Experienced with Maximo CMMS and Primavera
- Excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills
- Knowledgeable of equipment standards, piping specifications and P&ID’s
- Able to read piping isometric drawings
- Willingness to work as an expatriate on rotation either 9 weeks on/ 3 weeks off or 12 weeks on/ 4 weeks off
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a leading Operator advancing in the petrochemical industry. The successful applicant will receive a competitive expat package including base salary, uplift, housing, business flights back home, life insurance, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.